Monday, October 15, 2007

Texas Trip
















I'm back! Man did I have an amazing time in Texas. First though- I wish to thank my wonderful host Doug (Xalyth) for showing me around and being such a super friend and companion on my trip there.

Thursday my flights went well and I made it to the airport. We went to Galveston to the sea wall and saw some folks fishing, surfing and just having fun in the ocean. We went to Cherry Hill and saw some dude catch a huge huge fish! We then went to Moody Gardens and visited their Aquarium area and Atrium area. I took heaps more photos don't ya know! We ate at my new favorite Mexican restaurant-Tortugas! Then we went to visit Joe (Mikal/Serge) and his wife Tiffany and their son Joshua.

Friday we ate breakfast then headed off to San Jacinto Battlegrounds, saw Flat Stanley and then the battleship USS Texas. The Flat Stanley thing is an older couple was there with this hand drawn shape of a little boy/male drawing. It was decorated by someone else and sent to them through their grandson to have his picture taken in Texas. Then the grandparents are to make their own "Flat Stanley" but in true Texas fashion and then send it on to another state for the same thing. It was rather cute an idea. After the battleship tour, we ate at Chic-fil-a , we stopped at Kemah Boardwalk to walk around the coastline park there. Next we headed back towards Galveston to ride the Ferry. THAT was fun! This was also when my friend and host, Doug, shown his Knightly manners and took a bullet for me. Some people below had come prepared to feed the seagulls with a bag of bread. So they worked up the feeding frenzy. Well you know you put something in and something has to come out. He shown his quickness of mind and hand and saved me from the fatal blow! Thanks Doug! You're the best! We worked up an appetite and made our way towards our DDO Dinner meeting spot- Texas Roadhouse Steakhouse. We met up with Jason and his wife Andrea as well as Chris and his wife Cindy. After a yummy meal (I had catfish mmm!), we headed back to see Chris and Cindy's mass of girls (they have four between them) and visited there for a bit. I fell asleep in the car on the 45 min drive back- I was tired!

Saturday was great! We ate breakfast and made the 1.5 hour drive one way (Poor Doug's butt and all that driving) towards Magnolia Texas for the Renaissance Fair there. Oh that was so much fun! Chris, Cindy and Julie were in garb and I had to buy myself a hat (Jester one ya know!). We watched a pirate show, some pre jousting fun and a comedy skit (Sounds of Fury I think. They were a PG-13 rated funny show) and this man that plays the bells- Cast and Bronze. Its a huge thing similar to a piano type deal but its bells cast and different shapes from tiny to huge. It was so cool. I took a lot more pictures too! Awesome costumes, good food and lots of fun. The trip back towards Kemah was easy enough and once we got there, we walked the boardwalk some and picked out a place to go eat- Cadillac Grill. While eating there (Man was all those places busy!), we watched the many boats 'cruising' the harbor area. We hung out there eating, yammering and watching the boats until dark then we went on our photo quest- low shutter speed testing with colorful amusement park rides!

Sunday I had to do some packing and get myself ready. We ate breakfast and headed to the airport. My flights back were pretty easy and it was a long day. I was in the bed by 10:30 pm! It was a wonderful adventure with great friends in a lovely place on this earth. I thank everyone for such a splendid time. My photos will be in flickr once I finally get through all 685 of them and select which ones to put there! hehe

I will work on adding photos soon- Im still working through all 685 pics!

No comments: